Sunday, October 21, 2007

Elgato EyeTV Hybrid

Have you ever been looking for a solution that will let you watch TV on your Mac? How about playing video games on your Mac? Well, this featured product will allow you to do just that, and more. It's the EyeTV Hybrid, made by Elgato!

There are so many features built into the EyeTV Hybrid. You can watch over the air digital TV, and get analog and digital TV from a cable connection. You can record HOURS of TV onto your computer using the award winning EyeTV software, and edit out unwanted content, like commercials :-). These clips and shows can be exported to your iPod for easy viewing. But that's just some of the features available to this product. Here's some more stuff, from the Amazon Website:

  • Watch analog as well as free over-the-air digital TV on your Mac.
  • Browse EyeTV menus in Full Screen mode.
  • Record hours of your favorite TV shows directly on your hard drive and edit out unwanted content.
  • Find TV shows using the built-in program guide (USA only).
  • Export clips and entire episodes to your video-capable iPod.
  • Connect game consoles and enjoy virtually no latency game play.
I've always wanted to hook up a system to my computer, and the EyeTV Hybrid will allow me to do just that. Having that and picking up a nice HDTV antenna, and I can have all the great things made for TV on my Mac! I'm sure that these would look great on my Apple Cinema Display. And, as an added bonus, if you've got one of the higher end Mac systems (like I hope to soon), you can watch TV in 720p or 1080i! They are not the best around, but it's really close to that! And it's on your computer, so you won't need a TV!

Another great thing about this is that it's so small, the size of a USB stick. That means it's unobtrusive and won't clutter up your desk!

Here's a great review from over at Amazon, apparently its better than sliced bread:

I cannot rave enough about the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid! I use it with my iMac and a very inexpensive table-top HD antenna (Philips MANT510) to watch, record, and convert (to iPod and iPhone) my favorite OTA HDTV (in crystal clear, beautiful HD!) and basic cable shows. I get better picture quality from this setup than I do with HD cable and my HDTV! It saves me money (no need to pay for TV shows from iTMS), and it is so easy to use! I highly recommend this product to anyone (especially college students or others who live in tight spaces where having a TV and a computer poses problems)! Not only that, you don't need to buy an HDTV if you already have an iMac! You can even hook up an HD set-top cable box to the Hybrid (I know their web site says you can't, but I have done it - the picture isn't actually HD for that particular setup, but you still get the content, which would still be helpful for those with an iMac but not enough money for an HDTV)! You can also edit commercials out with the EyeTV 2 software. It's great! Seriously, save your money, forget TiVo and iTMS, and get this! You'll never regret it!

The EyeTV Hybrid sells for $137.99 on Amazon. A great deal to start receiving free HD programming onto your Mac! Of course, it is also on sale at my Astore!

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my feed! Purchase today's item from my Amazon Store!

No comments: